Smiles for Life
Smiles for Life is a non-profit organization that raises money for seriously ill, disabled, and underprivileged children. Over the past few years, the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry has raised over $130,000 for this charity by providing professional teeth whitening with 100% of the proceeds going to the charity.
Bert’s Big Adventure
We are presently partnering with Stacey and Bert Weiss of Q100’s The Bert Show. Bert’s Big Adventure is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides a spectacular five-day journey to Walt Disney World® for children with a chronic or terminal illness, along with their families. This trip and the year-round programs that follow each adventure allow participants to:
- Experience events and venues that otherwise could not be afforded.
- Establish lasting friendships with others facing similar challenges.
- Enjoy the gift of intimate family time together where the focus turns from living with an illness to making magical moments.
Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta
During Christmas, instead of buying gifts for each other, we buys toys for underprivileged kids, and Santa Claus makes a visit to a party that we host through the Atlanta Boys and Girls Clubs to distribute the gifts. It is amazing how much of a blessing it is for everyone involved.
Atlanta Union Mission
Also around Christmastime, we have a coat drive for the Atlanta Union Mission. We often visit homeless shelters to distribute food and clothing to bring some cheer and warmth to those there.
St. Pius High School Football Team Mouthguards Donation
Being an avid fan of local football, Dr. Cooper has teamed up with the St. Pius Golden Lions by providing custom pro-style mouth guards to the varsity team. The staff at the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry volunteered their time to form and fabricate mouth guards for the team.
Give Back a Smile Program
The AACD Foundation
The Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry has been proud to be a participating dentist in the Give Back a Smile program for many years. This program provides free dental care to repair the smiles of victims of domestic abuse. Its philosophy and positivity stem from the belief that in using our skills to give back to the community, we can truly appreciate our lives and feel enriched. The Give Back a Smile program is sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Charitable Foundation (AACDCF).
Miles for Life Ride
Every year, the Crown Council and Smiles for Life Foundation host an event that combines top-shelf dental continuing education with the love for Harley Davidson motorcycle touring. By day, we explore some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery. Evenings, we gather with our profession’s foremost authorities. All proceedings from this ride are donated to the Smiles for Life Campaign.
Giving Back to the Community
From A to Z
Listed below are a number of other beneficiaries of the Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry in recent years:
- Academy of the Oaks High School – Puttin’ on the Glitz
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association – 17th Annual Ride to Live Motorcycle event & 8th Annual Father of the Year Awards
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Harmony for Life Event
- American Lung Association
- Atlanta Ballet’s Ballet Ball Fundraiser
- Bert’s Big Adventure
- Boy Scouts of America, Atlanta Area Council
- Buckhead Christian Ministry – Buckhead Golf Classic
- CADEF – The Childhood Autism Foundation – 26th Annual Candlelight Ball
- Congregation Beth Israel
- Cure Childhood Cancer
- Faithful Order of the Moose
- Georgia 4-H Gala
- Georgia Coalition for Physical Activity & Nutrition – Taste of Atlanta
- Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation – Night of Spectacles
- Georgia Transplant Foundation – Tom Glavine’s Spring Training
- Habitat for Humanity\Marist Women’s Build
- Happy Tails – Warm Hearts & Cold Noses Gala
- High Point Elementary School PTA
- Hillside – A Continuum of Care for Children & Adolescents
- Holy Spirit Preparatory School – Spring Gala
- Hudson Family Foundation
- Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- Junior Achievement – Atlanta Business Hall of Fame
- Lekotek of Georgia – children with disabilities
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Marist School Reach for Excellence Program
- Marist War Eagle Football Sponsor
- Miles for Cystic Fibrosis – 65 Roses
- Murphey-Harpst House
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. – Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter
- North Fulton Community Charities
- Oglethorpe Presbyterian Preschool & PMO
- Our Lady of the Assumption School
- Pace Academy Parents Club
- PADV – Partnership Against Domestic Violence – Hearts with Hope Gala
- Peachtree Presbyterian Preschool
- Providence Christian Academy – Starlight Serenade auction
- Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research
- SafeHouse Outreach
- SafeMinds – Sensible Action for Ending Mercury-Induced Neurological Disorders
- SafePath Children’s Advocacy Center
- Sandy Springs Festival at Heritage Green
- Sarah Smith Education Foundation
- Share Our Strength – Taste of the Nation Atlanta
- St. James Preschool
- St. Jude’s Recovery Center – Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School PTO Fling
- St. Pius Catholic High School – Gala
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk
- T.J.’s Friends – T.J. Martell Foundation-Leukemia, Cancer & AIDS Research
- The Children’s Museum of Atlanta
- The Children’s School
- The Junior League of Atlanta – Women Transforming Communities
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Team in Training Program
- The North Atlanta High School Foundation – Black Silver & Red Hot Jazz Event
- University of Alabama’s Sigma Delta Tau Rho Chapter
- Zoo Atlanta – Beastly Feast
The Atlanta Center for Cosmetic Dentistry enjoys giving back. If you would like us to consider donating time, services, or materials to your cause, please contact us.